Uyuni Salt Flat - Lagoons and San Pedro de Atacama (Chile),
Versión acelerada para celular
3 Days, 2 Nights
- Precios & Reserva
The 3 day itinerary allows Travelers to visit not only the majestic Uyuni Salt Flat but also the other important natural attractions located in the area such us: Deserts, Lagoons, Volcanoes, Geysers, Hot springs and Caverns.
The 10,582 square kilometers of white desert are visible from space and house unseen fauna and flora gems. The tour will cover approximately 600 miles by road and reach a height of almost 16,000 feet.
The tour will end in Chile in the well know town of San Pedro de Atacama.
Uyuni - San Pedro de Atacama Tour Route
- The tour will start with the car picking you up from your Hotel in Uyuni Town, the Uyuni Bus Station or the Uyuni Airport.
- The journey will begin around 10:30 a.m. traveling towards Colchani, a small village of salt producers located 20 Km away from Uyuni. In Colchani village you will visit a traditional Salt Factory and have some time off to buy salt handicrafts and souvenirs.
- On the way to the Uyuni Salt Flat, you will see Salt Piles used in the extraction of salt by the workers. Next, you will visit the Eyes of the Salt Flat (Ojos del Salar) that are small water streams flowing from inside the earth beneath the salt. You will observe the geological formations of salt water and rocks. It has been said that this water has healing proprieties due to its particular acidic concentrations.
- You will make a stop for lunch in the middle of the Salt Flat. Delicious main course, fruits and soft drinks will be served. (a vegetarian menu is available upon request).
- Continuing your trip, you will make a short stop at the Salt Museum (former Salt Hotel) where the displays include salt sculptures, Chullpas (Andean mummies) and salt objects. Close to the museum there is a small mound with many flags from all over the world. These flags have been left by travelers passing by the Majestic Uyuni Salt Flat.
- Following the itinerary you will travel towards the Fish Island / Incahuasi Island - an angelfish-shaped hill with many giant cactuses up to 10 to 12 meters high - a spectacle of life inside the salt desert. You will also visit Caverns of petrified algae : proof that the Salt Flat was once a vast ocean full of life. (This tourist spot cannot be visited during the rainy season.)
- You will stay on Incahuasi Island for about 2 hours. From the Island there is a stunning view of the Tunupa Volcano.
- Overnight at Kachihuasi Hostel (Casa de Sal), located on the shores of the Salt Flat, 20 minutes away from Atullcha village. Accommodation provided: double or triple rooms with private bathrooms.
- Dinner will be served at Kachiwasi Hostel.
- During the rainy season Hotel Kachiwasi is closed. Travelers will spend the night at the shores of the Uyuni Salt Flat in Hostels that feature shared rooms and shared bathrooms. Facilities at these Hostels are basic.
- The journey will start at 07:00 a.m. after breakfast
- The expedition will take you to Chiguana Salt Flat: a deserted spot with smaller salt concentration. From here, you will take a scenic drive through a countryside that features stunning deserts and breathtaking lagoons.
- Following your trip you will make a short trekking to the Ollague Volcano view point with marvelous panoramic views of the Uyuni Salt Flat. (This tourist spot cannot be visited during the rainy season.)
- You will make a stop on the road to have lunch (a vegetarian menu is available upon request.)
- Later you will travel towards the Amazing Lagoons: Colorada Lagoon / Red Lagoon (main flamingos nesting site), Caniapa Lagoon, Hedionda Lagoon, Honda Lagoon, Chiar Khota Lagoon and Ramaditas. In this part of the tour you can observe three flamingo species (Chilean, James and Andino) as well as wild vicunias and viscachas in their natural habitats.
- Continuing the journey you will have the opportunity to visit Pampa Siloli (Siloli Desert) and the Stone Tree: a tree-shaped volcanic rock formation.
- Dinner and sleep over at Huayllajara camp. The shelter features shared rooms and a shared bathroom for all guests at the camp. Facilities are basic and hot water is not available due to the remoteness of the area. Huayllajara camp is located 15 minutes away from the Colorada Lagoon (Red Lagoon).
- Travelers that are sharing the tour will share a guestroom at Huayllajara camp.
- Travellers can request a double room with private bathroom at the shelter at extra cost. Booking will be provided up on availability at the Huayllajara camp.
- The tour will start at 05:00 a.m. visiting Sol de Maniana, volcanic zone (geisers). Afterwards you will travel towards Polques hot springs where you can take a relaxing bath in a small pool of natural thermal water.
- Continuing the trip through the Salvador Dali desert you will arrive at the Laguna Verde (Green Lagoon) where you will stop to see how the water changes its color. The intensity of the green color of the water depends on the wind of the area. If there is no wind, the reflection of the Licancahur Volcano in the water is also a wonderful sight.
- At about 9:30 you will reach the Bolivian / Chilean border to pass by immigration offices and being transport to San Pedro de Atacama.
- Travellers will take a Tourist Shared bus going to San Pedro de Atacama. Buses are safe and they don't make any stops until reaching San Pedro de Atacama town. The transit time between the border and San Pedro de Atacama town is approximately 3 hours.
- End of our services.
El tour incluye:
The Tour Rate Includes:
- Pick up from your Hotel in Uyuni town, Uyuni Bus Station or Uyuni Airport.
- Shared Transportation: Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 vehicle for 6 passengers
- First Night at Kachiwasi Hostel: Double or triple rooms with private bathroom
- Second night at Huayllajara Shelter: Shared room for 6 people or double room with private bathroom upon request at extra cost.
- Experienced Spanish speaking tour guide / driver. If an English speaking guide will be needed, please request him with anticipation at extra charge per day.
- Shared transfer from Hito Cajones / Bolivian border to San Pedro de Atacama town.
Services not included in the rate:
- Entrance tickets to:
- Incahuasi Island 15 Bs.- = 2usd person
- Caverns of petrified algae 20 Bs-. = 3 usd per person
- Salt Museum: 20 Bs.- = 3 usd. plus what you consume
- Eduardo Avaroa Reserve 150 Bs.- = 22 usd per person. Carry Bolivianos currency to purchase the Entrance tickets. It is not allowed to pay with US Dollars or any other currency.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Tips: Consider that sometimes locals are charging groups of travelers with tips to pass by their villages.
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- This is a Shared tour. That means that travelers will be sharing the 4WD vehicle. The vehicle is assigned for 6 passengers plus a Driver/tour guide.
- Accommodation for the first night can be in a double or triple room with private bathroom, while the second night will be at Huayllajara shelter that features shared rooms and basic facilities.
- Meals are served with a variety of vegetables and fruits. There is a special menu for vegetarians.
- Please dress appropriately: comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses and hats are recommended. Sun block is a must. Do not forget your swimming suits to enjoy the thermal waters.
- During winter carry gloves, scarf and warm clothes. (May, June, July and August)
- The company rents sleeping bags during the route at extra charge
- This tour does not cover traveler insurance. If you want to purchase it please contact us.
- The service doesn't include tips or extra beverages.
- If an English speaking guide will be included in the service he/she will use an extra seat in the vehicle.
Find below a diagram of the seats distribution:
Seat distribution without an English Speaking Tour Guide
Seat distribution with an English Speaking Tour Guide
- We are a serious Tour provider of tours around the Uyuni area. We make sure that our clients will take a tour with responsible drivers and tour guides.
- It is important that you get a medical health check in your country before taking this tour. The tour reaches high altitudes that might affect your blood pressure.
- Due to weather or road conditions the itinerary might vary without notice to ensure traveler safety. Please take the previous detailed itinerary only as a reference.
- We aim to notify customers about major changes in the itinerary during the rainy season, but sometimes the weather changes dramatically and we are not able to inform them with (lots of) anticipation.
- During winter there may be some snow, obliging us to change the route to ensure the safety of our clients.
We can also help you book:
- Direct Flight La Paz - Uyuni - La Paz
- Direct Flight Santa Cruz - Uyuni - Santa Cruz
- Bus Tickets : La Paz - Uyuni - La Paz
- Bus + Train: La Paz - Oruro - Uyuni
- Train Tickets: Oruro - Uyuni - Oruro: Expreso del Sur and Wara Wara del Sur
- Bus tickets to Sucre, Potosi, Tupiza, Villazon, Avaroa.
- Private transfers to Sucre, Potosi, Tupiza, Calama, Oruro, San Pedro de Atacama, La Paz.
- Hotel bookings in Uyuni town, around the Uyuni Salt Flat, Villa Mar, Desert of Atacama and any other departments of Bolivia.
- Travel Insurance
The Uyuni Salt Flat - Lagoons and San Pedro de Atacama Tour is a standard 3 days - 2 nights Shared Tour. This tour allows travelers to end their journey in San Pedro de Atacama town and from there continue their trip to other places in South America.
The tour runs daily from Monday to Sunday and has been designed for 6 passengers. Travelers will share transportation and accommodation. The third day of the tour travelers will reach the Bolivian / Chilean border to take a Shared Tourist Bus that will transfer them to San Pedro de Atacama.
The Itinerary covers a visit to the Magnificent Uyuni Salt Flat and the most important natural spots of the area such us: Incahuasi Island, Colorada Lagoon (Red Lagoon), Laguna Verde (Green Lagoon), Licancabur Volcano, Laguna Blanca (White Lagoon), Polques Hot springs and much more.
The Shared Tour offers accommodation in double and triple rooms with private bathroom for the first night, while the second night will be spent in a Shelter that features basic and shared facilities.
This is an ideal budget friendly tour for tourists traveling alone. The tour operator makes proper arrangements to complete the group for 6 travelers.
Lugares turísticos cercanos:
Salar de Uyuni
Pueblo de Uyuni
Cementerio de Trenes
San Pedro de Atacama
Pueblo de Colchani
Desierto de Siloli
Eyes of the Salt Flat (Ojos de Sal)
Reserva Natural Eduardo Avaroa
Thermal waters and geysers
Pueblo de San Cristobal
Polques Hot Springs