Metropolitan Cathedral - Santa Cruz, Santa CruzVersión acelerada para celular
The Metropilitan Cathedral of Santa Cruz was built by Brother Mercedario Diego de Porres during the times of the Spanish Viceroy Toledo. In 1770 Bishop Ramon de Herbosos reconstructed the Church and commended this task to Don Antonio Lombardo. In 1838 the old temple was replaced by a new church of eclectic style, designed by French architect Felipe Bestres.
The Metropolitan Cathedral is remarkable for its wooden vaults and for the pictorial decoration that covers them. In the main altar a part of the original silver covering from the Jesuit mission of San Pedro de Moxos is preserved. Four sculptural reliefs are also exhibited that come from the same mission.
Tour privado El Fuerte de Samaipata, Full day - Día Completo