Day 0: La Paz - Rurrenabaque
- Reception at Rurrenabaque airport and transfer to the office in Rurrenabaque town, once there, you will be informed about your trip to Chalalan Eco lodge the next morning and your tour itinerary details.
- Lodging at a tourist class hotel in Rurrenabaque town.
- Free afternoon in Rurrenabaque town.
Day 1: Rurrenabaque - Chalalan Eco Lodge
- Breakfast at the Hotel in Rurrenabaque town.
- Early in the morning the guide will pick you up from your hotel to take you to board the Chalalan motor boat at the Beni river port.
- The boat trip towards Chalalan Eco Lodge will take approximately 5 hours and a half, navigating on the Tuichi and Beni rivers. You will have the opportunity to enjoy beautiful natural landscapes of the Bala Gorge, the tropical rainforest and its fauna.
- Box lunch or snack.
- Once you get to Chalalan Port, you will take a 25 minute walk on the Jaguar Path to finally get to the Chalalan Eco Lodge on the shore of the Chalalan Lagoon.
- Welcome and Lodging at typical cabins or rooms.
- Welcome lunch at Chalalan Eco Lodge.
- After lunch you will take a short walk on one of the themed paths and the guide will give an expnation about the traditional uses of the tropical rainforest.
- Return to the Eco Lodge by canoe to observe monkeys and birds.
- Short night walk to observe the fauna night life specially the variety of insects.
Day 2: Chalalan Eco lodge - Madidi National Park
- Breakfast at Chalalan Eco Lodge.
- 3 to 4 hour walk on the Tapacare path, where the guide will explain about the ecological processes and the rainforest life.
- Return to the Eco Lodge and lunch.
- In the afternoon you will have a short break to relax in the hammocks or for a short swim in the lagoon.
- Later you will visit the View Point to enjoy wonderful panoramic views of the Chalalan Lagoon, the tropical rainforest and the Madidi National Park. The guide will give a short explanation about the Chalalan project, the history of the community and the creation of the Madidi National Park.
- Night Canoe trip to observe the night fauna and especially the shining of the eyes of caimans.
Day 3: Chalalan Eco lodge - Madidi National Park
- During the morning you will take a 5 hour walk on the Silbador, Huaso and Penena paths to arrive at the Colpa Salpetre Bed: a special rainforest area where the animals gather to get mineral salts. This particular spot is excellent for wildlife observation.
- Box lunch.
- Return by boat on the Tuichi River and a short walk on the Jaguar path towards Chalalan Eco Lodge.
- The walk is of medium difficulty and available to every visitor. The field trip takes approximately 7 hours. The species the tourist will observe are the spider monkeys, howling monkeys, cappuccino monkeys, wild pigs, parabas, parrots and less probably a quick glance at a jaguar.
- Arrival at the Eco Lodge and snack. Free time for a swim at the lagoon or relaxing in the hammocks.
- After dinner the tourist can choose as an optional activity a short night walk or a canoe trip on the Chalalan lagoon. The night activities offer the possibility to observe night birds and fish, bats, and the shining of the black caiman eyes.
Day 4: Chalalan Eco lodge - Madidi National Park
- Breakfast at the Eco Lodge.
- Short walk on the Silbador, Mutun and Anta path to the Rayamayu River, where you will take a stroll by the river shore and fish piranhas.
- Short break and return to the Eco Lodge.
- Lunch at the Eco Lodge.
- Short leisure time.
- In the afternoon the guide will screen a documentary about the Uchupiamonas indigenous community to learn about their lifestyle and the customs of the Amazon indigenous people. If the time is sufficient, you could make rings or necklaces from rainforest seeds with the help of the local guide.
- Dinner at the Eco Lodge.
Optional activity Day 4: (Extra Charge)
Stroll on the Wichi path towards the Tuichi River to take a boat to travel to Santa Rosa. The boat trip takes about 20 minutes and there is a 30 minute walk to reach Santa Rosa Lake. The lake offers the opportunity to take a canoe ride and fish piranhas with a hook. The lake shore is ideal for bird watching activities (mainly macaws). After 2 to 3 hours in the area we will return to the Eco Lodge following the same route. (Extra Charge)
Day 5: Chalalan Eco lodge - San Jose de Uchupiamonas Indigenous Community
Day 6: Chalalan Eco lodge - Rurrenabaque
- Breakfast at the Eco Lodge.
- Early in the morning you will take a short walk on one of the rainforest paths for bird watching and fauna observation.
- Return to the Eco Lodge.
- 30 minute walk towards Chalalan Port to board a motorboat to get to Rurrenabaque town. During the journey you will have the opportunity to observe the wildlife on the Tuhichi river shore. The return trip takes 3 hours.
- Arrival to Rurrenabaque and transfer to Rurrenabaque Airport.
- End of our services.
Note: lunch on the last day will be served at 11:00 am to catch the 16:00 return flight to La Paz.
¿Qué incluye el tour?:
- Transfer in/out (Airport - Rurrenabaque town Airport)
- One night lodging in a tourist class hotel in Rurrenabaque town
- Transfer in/out by motorboat (Rurrenabaque town - Eco Lodge - Rurrenbaque town)
- Lodging in comfortable and safe Tacana traditional style cabins
- Full board during your stay at Chalalan Eco lodge
- Bottled mineral water during the Chalalan activities
- Native Bilingual guide service (english - spanish)
- Guided activities in the Chalalan - P.N. Madidi area
- Boat transportation
The tour doesn't include:
- Air tickets La Paz - Rurrenabaque - La Paz
- Entrance fee to the Madidi National Park
- Sodas and alcoholic drinks
- Meals during your stay in Rurrenabaque town
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
What to bring to Rurrenabaque
- Long sleeved shirt, cotton if possible
- Cotton trousers
- Light raincoat
- Mountain shoes
- Sport shoes
- Plastic bag
- Passport photocopy
- Bottled water