El Refugio Los Volcanes, Samaipata
Tucked away in a deep valley, Los Volcanes Hotel offers spectacular views of sandstone rock cliffs as well as the tropical forests which surround the Sanctuary.
The Hotel also counts with trails offering opportunities to appreciate the flora and fauna. World renowned ornithologists such as Ridgeley, Tudor and the others have visited Los Volcanes on several opportunities their bird lists register more than 200 species and the local botanist Roberto Vasquez has identified more than 100 species of orchids and bromeliads.Please drop us an e-mail for updates in the rates.
Room FacilitiesColonial style lodge with 12 guests capacity:
- Spacious lawn and lounging areas with a spectacular view for enjoying your favorite book
- Six double rooms each with private bath surrounded by an exuberant landscape and the cry of the wild
- Modern bathrooms
- Hot showers
- Potable water and solar/hydro-powered electricity system
- Small library
- Shop of essential supplies for the jungle explorer
- Integral, environmentally friendly waste management
- Capacity for small workshops and conferences
- 4WD Jeep for transport within the Refugio
- Meals: Combination of international, national and vegetarian dishes
- A trail system of 15 km that covers all the different habitat types
- Exploring the forest with local guides
- Observing birds (over 200 species), monkeys, butterflies, frogs and many other fascinating critters
- Enjoying beautiful orchids and bromeliads
- Moon walks observing the jungle night life
- Relaxing in hammocks
- Refreshing baths in naturals pools formed by the Waterfalls of the Elvira Creek
El Refugio Los Volcanes is located in the southern part of Amboro National Park and is roughly a one and a half hours drive from the city of Santa Cruz de la Sierra.